PS Guelph, ArtsEverywhere.ca, and the Canadian Music Centre are partnering to bring you the How to Play Your World contest!
Empower your students with the joy of sound making, record the results, and be eligible to win the GRAND PRIZE: a visit to your classroom by author/musician/educator Rich Marsella, and a cash prize of $3000 for your school!
- Grab a copy of Richard Marsella’s new book How to Play Your World, or use a lesson plan from the free preview pages on the website.
- Run through one of the inventive lessons from the book to create an original composition (no previous musical experience required!). Practice with your students and document your song on video, or as an audio clip with accompanying photos.
- Classes will submit their compositions by uploading the video file to this website between March 9th and April 30th, 2018. Videos do not need to document a live performance — feel free to get creative!
- The first round of submissions will be narrowed to a “Top 5” based on viewer responses (aka “Likes”) to the uploaded video on YouTube.
- A jury will choose the winners!
Register your class now to receive contest updates.
“For a child of five, art is life and life is art… but once the child is in school they get separated—art becomes art and life becomes life.”
― R. Murray Schafer,